Faculty Senate Working Group on Athletics
Charge: Investigate the scheduling of athletic competitions during the period after the last day of classes ('dead days' and final exam period). The Working Group will examine the consequences of scheduling athletic competitions during the last week of classes, using student-athlete data from Athletics and the procedures followed in EX&S to approve athletic competitions in the period after the last day of classes (dead days/final exam period), and offer recommendations for policy or procedural changes.
- Chair: Doug Schuler (Jones Graduate School of Business)
- Rob Griffin (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Angel Marti-Arbona (Chemistry)
- George Zodrow (Economics)
- Aliya Bhimani (Director of Academic Advising)
- Stacy Mosely (Athletics, ex-officio)
- Tanner Gardner (Athletics, ex-officio)
The working group's final report is on the faculty wiki site, available with NetID login.