University Committee on Information Technology
- Advise the President of Rice University and the Vice President for Information Technology (IT) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) on matters related to the use and evolution of information technology.
- Review and advise on major IT projects and investments and review prioritization of those investments.
- Review proposed major changes and new services, and serve as a communication link between the information technology organization(s) and the university community.
- Review and make recommendations for enhancements of the faculty and student academic environment through technology; advise on technology support for research, teaching and learning and administrative needs.
- Prepare a brief, written report on the year's activities of the Committee at the end of each academic year and submit copies of the report to the president of the university, the provost, and the Faculty Senate.
|Fares El-Dahdah, co-chair||Humanities Research Center|
|Paul Padley, co-chair||Department of Physics and Astronomy|
|Lydia Beaudrot||Department of BioSciences|
|Anthony Brandt||Shepherd School of Music|
|Andrew Colopy||School of Architecture|
|Daniel Domingues||Department of History, Faculty Senate representative|
|Lydia Kavraki||Department of Computer Science|
|Rachel Kimbro||Department of Sociology|
|Edison Liang||Department of Physics and Astronomy|
|Scott Rixner||Department of Computer Science|
|Yizhi Jane Tao||Department of BioSciences|
|Tayfun Tezduyar||Department of Mechanical Engeineering|
|Klara Jelinkova, non-voting liaison||Chief Information Officer|
|Nicholas Coulombe||Graduate Representative|
Updated August 17, 2020