University Committee on Information Technology
- Advise the President of Rice University and the Vice President for Information Technology (IT) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) on matters related to the use and evolution of information technology.
- Review and advise on major IT projects and investments and review prioritization of those investments.
- Review proposed major changes and new services, and serve as a communication link between the information technology organization(s) and the university community.
- Review and make recommendations for enhancements of the faculty and student academic environment through technology; advise on technology support for research, teaching and learning and administrative needs.
- Prepare a brief, written report on the year's activities of the Committee at the end of each academic year and submit copies of the report to the president of the university, the provost, and the Faculty Senate.
|Jonathan Ajo-Franklin, chair||Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences|
|Paul Padley, non-voting liaison||Physics and Astronomy, VP CIO|
|Michael Byrne||Psychological Sciences|
|Frank Geurts||Physics and Astronomy|
|Satish Nagarajaiah||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Scott Rixner||Computer Science|
|Tayfun Tezduyar||Mechanical Engineering|
|Sharath Kalyanapuram||Graduate Representative|
Updated July 27, 2023