2018 Faculty Senate Working Group on the Academic Calendar
The working group will examine the difference in the number of days of instruction between the Fall and Spring semesters in the proposed 2020-2021 calendar and consider whether this difference poses a problem, and if so to try to find a way to equalize the number of days of instruction in a way which will minimize the impact to the current proposed calendar. The working group will present a report and any proposed changes to the calendar at the November 14, 2018 meeting of the Rice Faculty Senate.
- Gwen Bradford, Philosophy, Senate
- John Casbarian, Architecture
- Anna Clyburn, Undergrad reresentative, Martel Senator
- Brian Gibson, Kinesiology, Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduates
- Julie Griswold, Academic Advising for Athletics
- Chris Johns-Krull, Chair, Physics & Astronomy, Senate
- Dave Messmer, NTT, Lecturer and Associate Director FWIS Program, Senate
- Bart Sinclar, School of Engineering, Senior Associate Dean of Engineering
- Kurt Stallmann, Shepherd School, Senate
- David Tenney, Registrar
Read the Final Working Group Report.