2018 Faculty Senate Working Group on the Academic Calendar
Charge: The working group will examine the difference in the number of days of instruction between the Fall and Spring semesters in the proposed 2020-2021 calendar and consider whether this difference poses a problem, and if so to try to find a way to equalize the number of days of instruction in a way which will minimize the impact to the current proposed calendar. The working group will present a report and any proposed changes to the calendar at the November 14, 2018 meeting of the Rice Faculty Senate.
- Gwen Bradford, Philosophy, Senate
- John Casbarian, Architecture
- Anna Clyburn, Undergrad representative, Martel Senator
- Brian Gibson, Kinesiology, Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduates
- Julie Griswold, Academic Advising for Athletics
- Chris Johns-Krull, Chair, Physics & Astronomy, Senate
- Dave Messmer, NTT, Lecturer and Associate Director FWIS Program, Senate
- Bart Sinclar, School of Engineering, Senior Associate Dean of Engineering
- Kurt Stallmann, Shepherd School, Senate
- David Tenney, Registrar
Read the Final Working Group Report.