Faculty Senate Working Group on New Course Creation and Faculty Oversight at Rice (2015)
The working group was formed to address the following concerns: the inconsistency in how credit hours are assigned, the inconsistency of evaluation for new course requests, and the lack of opportunity for the faculty to shape the broader curriculum outside their departments.
- Susan McIntosh, chair (Anthropology)
- John Casbarian (Architecture)
- Keith Cooper (Computer Science)
- Melissa Marschall (Political Science)
- George Phillips (Biosciences)
- James Sidbury (History)