Online Education (2013)
Charge: The charge of the SWG was to evaluate the benefits and costs related to developing a strong online instructional presence at Rice; to issue recommendations on its implementation; and to address general policy issues related to online education.
- David Alexander, chair, physics and astronomy
- Margaret Beier, psychology
- John Greiner, computer science
- Don Johnson, electrial and computer engineering
- Kirsten Ostherr, English
- Fred Oswald, psychology
- Matt Taylor, associate vice provost
The working group's final report and recommendations can be found on the faculty wiki, available with NetID. Discussion on the report was recorded in the March 20, 2013 Faculty Senate meeting minutes.