Faculty Senate Working Group on Research and Scholarship (2012-2013)
Charge: (1) To investigate the general efficacy and organization of the promotion and tenure process at Rice and (2) to determine whether the policy and guidelines are sufficiently clear.
- Janet Braam, Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Keith Cooper, ComputerScience
- Michael Deem, Bioengineering
- Mahmoud El-Gamal,Economics
- Michael Emerson, Sociology
- Richard Grandy, Philosophy
- Randy Hulet, Physics
- Steve Lewis, Baker Institute for Public Policy
- Seiichi Matsuda, Chemistry
- Vikas Mittal, Jones School
- Jan E. Odegard, Ken Kennedy Institute for Information Technology
- Fred Oswald, Psychology
- Moshe Y. Vardi (chair), Computer Science
Read the recommendations from the working group. The report and recommendations were discussed at the November 13, 2013 Faculty Senate meeting.